computer information technology jobs image
Miroku226
How can I prove to my parents that Computer Technology (Information Technology) is a viable career?
I am really into programming and computers, but my parents say that there are no jobs available, and I won't be able to pay back student loans, and they won't pay for me to go to college for something I can't make money with.
What can I show them to prove them wrong?
Answer
Try to contact people you know or people that live in your local area that have a successful career in IT.
Tell your parents that you are able to specialize in fields so you can work in big multinational companies for example, computing manufacturers e.g. Dell. I'm not going to lie, the possibilities aren't endless, but there are a substantial amount available and in a wide range of paths. You could be the next Bill Gates - who knows?
I personally know of many people who have very successful carreers than you'd think and they play major roles in our day to day lives. Don't forget computer technology is not specific for PCs and laptops alone, it covers a variety of things, from mobile phone companies and manufacturers to games consoles.
And if you are passionate about it, you'll strive to achieve.
Hope this helps!
Jx
Try to contact people you know or people that live in your local area that have a successful career in IT.
Tell your parents that you are able to specialize in fields so you can work in big multinational companies for example, computing manufacturers e.g. Dell. I'm not going to lie, the possibilities aren't endless, but there are a substantial amount available and in a wide range of paths. You could be the next Bill Gates - who knows?
I personally know of many people who have very successful carreers than you'd think and they play major roles in our day to day lives. Don't forget computer technology is not specific for PCs and laptops alone, it covers a variety of things, from mobile phone companies and manufacturers to games consoles.
And if you are passionate about it, you'll strive to achieve.
Hope this helps!
Jx
What entry level jobs in IT are the easiest to get out college?
Bullhead C
I am really getting frustrated right now. I have a 4 year degree in Computer Information Technology and am having trouble finding work in the field, even in an entry level position. I have plenty of experience and a clean record. What jobs are hiring in the field. I do have a resume and cover letter if you are looking for someone that has a great computer technical background. Where are the jobs? I am a good hard worker, and dedicated in the computer field.
Answer
I'm sorry but employers are looking for either experience, OR, certification. A degree isn't necessarily suffiencent certification for the job.
Work on Comptia A+ and Comptia Net+, you can find immediate employment as a entry level computer technician, wages: $12-14 /hr.
Then get certified in MCSE and CCNA.
Then you will be qualified for almost any bachelors level IT job.
I'm sorry but employers are looking for either experience, OR, certification. A degree isn't necessarily suffiencent certification for the job.
Work on Comptia A+ and Comptia Net+, you can find immediate employment as a entry level computer technician, wages: $12-14 /hr.
Then get certified in MCSE and CCNA.
Then you will be qualified for almost any bachelors level IT job.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers



Comments :
Post a Comment