My usb stick has several viruses on it, but I really need the info off it. What can I do?

my computer info win7 on Need For Speed Underground 2 On Windows 7 Home Max Settings
my computer info win7 image




retro_gold


I'm afraid to put it in my new computer because I don't want to give my computer any viruses, but I really, really need to get several documents off of it.


Answer
Vista and specially win7 machines never caught viruses. So try finding one and taking what you need from USB stick would be so damn easy (Copy & Paste). If your friend is an advanced user he/she might even remove the viruses from the flash memory without the need for an antivirus or caution during the process.

How can I browse without netgear firewall tracking my history?




Smart101


I figured out the security info for it, but my parents will get suspicious if I change any settings without changing them back. I'm not searching up anything bad, and I have nothing to hide. The sites I usually go on in incognito mode are usually social networking websites and youtube. The only reason I use incognito for these is because she starts these huge lectures on how I'm not being productive and how I should only use the internet for being productive and blah blah blah. If I leave a social networking site on, she usually searches through all the messages and starts questioning me on every single thing . It's annoying, and now she's tracking me with netgear. What can I use to browse privately and bypass netgear security.
Thx! 10 points for best answer!
All the computers in my home are under netgear firewall. I can't change any settings.
Do proxy sites work?



Answer
You've posted this before....

You cannot browse the internet without your parents being suspicious mainly due to the fact its tracking your computer either by the MAC address, IP address or Computer name...

The only way for it to not track your system is to:

1. Change your IP address by statically assigning it a different IP.
http://portforward.com/networking/static-win7.htm

2. Spoof your MAC address to a different hexadecimal value (like change the manufacturer's ID).
http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/5629-mac-address-spoofing.html

3. Change your Computer Name.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/change-your-computer-name-in-windows-vista/


That's about it... If you do all three, you'll not be tracked, then again, your mom will find out by looking at the logs that a "new device" has accessed the Internet with a different IP, MAC and Comoputer name... Thats the only way around it. You'd have to be crafty enough to clear the Netgear logs after you change your computer back to its normal settings if you don't want to be caught...

EDIT: If it's a global setting that is tracking all devices and not just your PC -- there is no way around it...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments :

0 komentar to “My usb stick has several viruses on it, but I really need the info off it. What can I do?”
 

Sexy Lace Bikini

Leave little to the imagination in this super sexy booty short bikini transparent lace. Adjustable triangle top with peek-a-boo slits ties at neck and back. Matching ruffled booty shorts leave so little to the imagination! 90% Nylon 10% Spandex. Four way stretch means one size fits most. Unlined. Club Wear by Body Zone Read More

LG Scarlet

This event, which was attended by more than 200 media from Middle East and Africa, followed earlier events in Los Angeles and in London that drew celebrities for a mock premiere event to reveal the secret of “Scarlet, The Hit New TV Series,” which had been promoted through broadcast and online trailers.