Syntax and semantics of a programming language?

computer info hardware on LEARNING COMPUTERS
computer info hardware image




Shaun J


I am currently taking Introduction to Java at my community college and I switched my major from Computer Info Systems to Computer Science not realizing CS in for programming majors and I'm on the hardware side which means I need to be in CIS. So I have NO clue what-so-ever Java is about and I need to get a "C" to pass this class. So can someone help me out with this please.

What is the syntax and semantics of a programming language?



Answer
A language is a set of valid sentences. What makes a sentence valid? You can break validity down into two things: syntax and semantics. The term syntax refers to grammatical structure whereas the term semantics refers to the meaning of the vocabulary symbols arranged with that structure. Grammatical (syntactically valid) does not imply sensible (semantically valid), however. For example, the grammatical sentence "cows flow supremely" is grammatically ok (subject verb adverb) in English, but makes no sense. Similarly, in a programming language, your grammar (syntax rules) may allow ID EQUALS ID but the language may only allow the sentence if the text matched for ID does not represent a type name (a semantic rule).

How can I find the latest news about computer hardware?




g


Is there a website/magazine (or something else) where I can see and read info about the newest computer hardware? Thanks :)


Answer
Google "Tom's Hardware" -- that's a start.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments :

0 komentar to “Syntax and semantics of a programming language?”
 

Sexy Lace Bikini

Leave little to the imagination in this super sexy booty short bikini transparent lace. Adjustable triangle top with peek-a-boo slits ties at neck and back. Matching ruffled booty shorts leave so little to the imagination! 90% Nylon 10% Spandex. Four way stretch means one size fits most. Unlined. Club Wear by Body Zone Read More

LG Scarlet

This event, which was attended by more than 200 media from Middle East and Africa, followed earlier events in Los Angeles and in London that drew celebrities for a mock premiere event to reveal the secret of “Scarlet, The Hit New TV Series,” which had been promoted through broadcast and online trailers.