What kind of jobs am I likely to get if I complete the Bachelor of Information Technology course?

computer info technology salary on making computers work is one thing but making computers work together ...
computer info technology salary image




james


I completed my A'levels. I had Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I'm trying to join a university. I was thinking about doing this IT course. It's only 3 years. Will I get any good jobs after completing this course? There's another course, Bachelor of Software Engineering. Which course would be better? And what kind of jobs am I most likely to get after completing them? For the info, I'm living in Australia.


Answer
I went into electrical engineering because I had perfect 12th grade physics scores in that section. For a B student that was remarkable. I went into power Engineering because they had the only labs that made #%$ sense. I also went into control theory because I thought it was neat.

In your first two years of american collage, you take math, physics, programing until it flows out of your ears. In your third year you start to learn the truth, and find out what you really like and what you really hate. There are many students who change their sub major in their third year.

As to knowing what is hot and what is not, I read the on line version of Computer World. Start reading it. It has salary information, including AU.

What's the difference between a web designer and a web developer?




MELI :)


I really don't understand the difference between them. But now that you think about it I really don't know THAT much about them. :P What i mainly know is that the job titles make a BIG difference for your salaries. So can somebody explain me the difference(with the salaries too plz)?


Answer
A web designer is basically an artist or graphic designer that comes up with the design for a site. For example, the web designer for the Yahoo Answers site decided to make the tabs above green with white letters, created the icons for the Ask, Answer and Discover links and chose to make the page background white on light blue. In larger companies the designer typically makes a JPEG or GIF image of how the web page should look like and gives it to the web developer, who uses code to tell the browser to display the page to look like the JPEG.

There are two types of web developers--the front-end developer and back-end developer. The front-end developer is the person that takes the design and translates it into computer code that the web browser understands. The developer has to use HTML, CSS, JavaScript and other technologies to position the cut graphics on the page, tell the browser the background is white, 970 pixels wide with a light blue background, etc.

The back-end developer works on computer code that is first parsed (read and acted upon) by the server hosting the web site before the code is delivered via the internet to the user. An example might be PHP code that pulls info from a database before placing it into a web page to be delivered to a user browsing the website. The Yahoo Answers site is heavily dependent on databases.

Pay difference works like this--a senior web designer at medium sized company in a large city, like New York, earns about $100k a year. A senior front-end developer at the same company earns about $90k a year. A senior back-end developer earns about $120k a year.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments :

0 komentar to “What kind of jobs am I likely to get if I complete the Bachelor of Information Technology course?”
 

Sexy Lace Bikini

Leave little to the imagination in this super sexy booty short bikini transparent lace. Adjustable triangle top with peek-a-boo slits ties at neck and back. Matching ruffled booty shorts leave so little to the imagination! 90% Nylon 10% Spandex. Four way stretch means one size fits most. Unlined. Club Wear by Body Zone Read More

LG Scarlet

This event, which was attended by more than 200 media from Middle East and Africa, followed earlier events in Los Angeles and in London that drew celebrities for a mock premiere event to reveal the secret of “Scarlet, The Hit New TV Series,” which had been promoted through broadcast and online trailers.