Frogdar
I went to college for biology but I mess with electronics on my spare time. I replace computer parts (I build computers) and I replace small things such as busted capacitors in LCD monitors, motherboards etc. How would I add this kind of info to my resume?
Answer
It can be done in a number of ways. So there's no one way to handle it. For example, you can have one or more statements about your hobby being electronics and computers. Or not even mention it being a hobby at all. And simply list the kind of things you've been doing.
However, just realize that for certain jobs, no formal schooling will hurt you. As somebody who's studied electronics and computers, and has taught these before too, I can tell you just playing around on your own may not be enough. For some jobs, yes. For others, no.
Remember, it only takes a small amount of current to kill! FYI, even a broken capacitor can still have current in there. So if it's not fully-discharged, you are taking a risk of getting shocked or worse. And discharging it in the wrong way can do the same, even start a fire.
And with motherboards and other computer components, you have to be very careful about static electricity. That can damage or destroy. I've seen this happen many times over the years!
It can be done in a number of ways. So there's no one way to handle it. For example, you can have one or more statements about your hobby being electronics and computers. Or not even mention it being a hobby at all. And simply list the kind of things you've been doing.
However, just realize that for certain jobs, no formal schooling will hurt you. As somebody who's studied electronics and computers, and has taught these before too, I can tell you just playing around on your own may not be enough. For some jobs, yes. For others, no.
Remember, it only takes a small amount of current to kill! FYI, even a broken capacitor can still have current in there. So if it's not fully-discharged, you are taking a risk of getting shocked or worse. And discharging it in the wrong way can do the same, even start a fire.
And with motherboards and other computer components, you have to be very careful about static electricity. That can damage or destroy. I've seen this happen many times over the years!
How do I build my own gaming PC?
Enzeru
Everyone keeps telling me to build one rather than getting a custom or buying a prebuilt. Problem is, I don't have any dedicated computer parts stores nearby let alone any knowledge of this kind of venture. How do I do this without going over a 1k budget or seriously messing something up?
Answer
To learn how, a simple Google search will yield all the info you need-
http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+build+a+PC&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
For parts, use the Internet. Newegg.com is your new best friend. You can get excellent parts for $1000. Here are some suggestions:
CPU-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215&cm_re=i5_750-_-19-115-215-_-Product
Mobo/RAM-http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.349202
GPU-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131344&cm_re=5830-_-14-131-344-_-Product
PSU/Case-http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.345228
HDD-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136074
OS-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754&cm_re=windows_7-_-32-116-754-_-Product
Optical Drive-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204
HS/F-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065&cm_re=212-_-35-103-065-_-Product
Your subtotal is $984. This system is capable of playing all the latest games at max settings up to 1680 x 1050. This rig will not need upgrading for another 2-2.5 years, which is pretty good considering the budget.
To learn how, a simple Google search will yield all the info you need-
http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+build+a+PC&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
For parts, use the Internet. Newegg.com is your new best friend. You can get excellent parts for $1000. Here are some suggestions:
CPU-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215&cm_re=i5_750-_-19-115-215-_-Product
Mobo/RAM-http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.349202
GPU-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131344&cm_re=5830-_-14-131-344-_-Product
PSU/Case-http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.345228
HDD-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136074
OS-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754&cm_re=windows_7-_-32-116-754-_-Product
Optical Drive-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204
HS/F-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065&cm_re=212-_-35-103-065-_-Product
Your subtotal is $984. This system is capable of playing all the latest games at max settings up to 1680 x 1050. This rig will not need upgrading for another 2-2.5 years, which is pretty good considering the budget.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers



Comments :
Post a Comment