Q. Hi!
I just don't know how computer can display mouse pointers? Does it depend on software or hardware detections or what?
Thanks!
I just don't know how computer can display mouse pointers? Does it depend on software or hardware detections or what?
Thanks!
Answer
The pointer itself is a little graphical thing that a computer can easily put on-screen. The position of the pointer is also calculated by the computer, but it gets updated by the feedback from the mouse.
The old "ball" mouse's ball rolled around inside the mouse, turning two little wheels. One measured up-down movement, and another measured left-right movement. The differences in where the wheels WERE a moment ago and where they are NOW tells the PC if the mouse has moved, and by how much. The computer does the work in changing this info into actual movement for the mouse pointer (and games) and also ignores subtle changes in the mouse so the pointer doesn't jiggle in one spot on the screen or something.
Newer laser mice are kinda trickier on a technical level, but smarter too. I believe they actually try to "look" below them and compare what they "see" now to what they saw a moment ago, also in an effort to convey movement information to the computer. Since they don't need balls, they can run on almost any surface or housepet.
The pointer itself is a little graphical thing that a computer can easily put on-screen. The position of the pointer is also calculated by the computer, but it gets updated by the feedback from the mouse.
The old "ball" mouse's ball rolled around inside the mouse, turning two little wheels. One measured up-down movement, and another measured left-right movement. The differences in where the wheels WERE a moment ago and where they are NOW tells the PC if the mouse has moved, and by how much. The computer does the work in changing this info into actual movement for the mouse pointer (and games) and also ignores subtle changes in the mouse so the pointer doesn't jiggle in one spot on the screen or something.
Newer laser mice are kinda trickier on a technical level, but smarter too. I believe they actually try to "look" below them and compare what they "see" now to what they saw a moment ago, also in an effort to convey movement information to the computer. Since they don't need balls, they can run on almost any surface or housepet.
How do I get more fps in minecraft?
Zackery
My Computer info:
Manufacturer- Samsung Electronics
Processor- Intel Core i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz
RAM- 4GB (3.71 GB usable)
System type- 64-bit Operating System (yes I have 64 bit java)
Display- Intel HD Graphics 3000 (I don't know if this is the graphics card or just something else if not please tell me where it says what type of graphics card I have)
I just got this computer and one of my favorite games to play is minecraft and on this computer I only get an average of 5 fps which is really annoying me because the movements in the game are comparable to seeing someone's movements in a strobe light. I have installed optifine and pretty much made everything go as low as it can but that only gets me to 7 fps. I will try anything that is suggested because this laggy movement is really annoying.
Also I think that something is really wrong because on other not powerful computers I have played on still get at least 30-50 fps on high settings (fancy, far, etc)
One weird thing I noticed in my drivers under Processors is that I have 4 of the same drivers active and I don't know if that is relevant to my problem.
Its a laptop and if I need a better graphics card can I have a suggestion for one that would let me run minecraft better but not cost a lot.
Answer
Intel HD graphics is the reason for that low fps. If this is a desktop, you will need to buy a dedicated graphics card. The better it is the more fps but probably still limited by your cpu. If you want to have more fps with the current setup will either have to use the minecraft mod "Optifine" for a slight increase of fps or install a Linux OS like Ubuntu or Mint. On my computer with Intel HD 2000 I got 7-9 fps in Windows 7 and 32-38 fps in Ubuntu.
Intel HD graphics is the reason for that low fps. If this is a desktop, you will need to buy a dedicated graphics card. The better it is the more fps but probably still limited by your cpu. If you want to have more fps with the current setup will either have to use the minecraft mod "Optifine" for a slight increase of fps or install a Linux OS like Ubuntu or Mint. On my computer with Intel HD 2000 I got 7-9 fps in Windows 7 and 32-38 fps in Ubuntu.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers



Comments :
Post a Comment