How can I move and boot Windows 8 on an SSD from a HDD?

computer info windows 8 on Windows Windows 8 - Computer System Information on Windows 8
computer info windows 8 image




John B


I just upgraded my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 8 via the retail upgrade. I plan to purchase a SSD. I was wondering how to move or install Windows 8 onto the SSD so I may boot from there. If possible-- I would like to do so without having to format my existing hard drive, I will if I have to.


Answer
YOU HAVE TO TRUST ME HERE

Do not try to use any cloning software to transfer info from HDD to SSD.You will not get the full SSD speeds that way and it may actually damage your SSD in long run.It will cause problem with TRIM and garbage collection and "aligning".
You have to back up JUST THE PERSONAL FILES from your HDD, then install a fresh OS on SSD and transfer the backed up personal files to SSD.

I know some people will tell you to use Norton Ghost and some other software but this is only good if you're cloning an HDD to HDD.

How to easily transfer files between two laptops both running windows 8/windows 8 pro?




Michael


I see lots of mention of using windows easy transfer cables to transfer from a computer/laptop running windows 7, vista, xp etc to another using any of those or windows 8, but I see no info about how to do this from one windows 8 pro laptop to another windows 8 (not pro) laptop.

Can someone give me a link or tell me the best fastest way to transfer files in excess of 30-60GB must be able to transfer them in less than 24 hours from start to finish, cannot be sitting there for days like it would take if i had to copy to external media first or if I tried using shared folders which often fails and takes a lot longer and I cannot remove the hdd from one and connect it to the other laptop for direct transfer either.



Answer
Go here

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/move-files#1TC=t1




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments :

0 komentar to “How can I move and boot Windows 8 on an SSD from a HDD?”
 

Sexy Lace Bikini

Leave little to the imagination in this super sexy booty short bikini transparent lace. Adjustable triangle top with peek-a-boo slits ties at neck and back. Matching ruffled booty shorts leave so little to the imagination! 90% Nylon 10% Spandex. Four way stretch means one size fits most. Unlined. Club Wear by Body Zone Read More

LG Scarlet

This event, which was attended by more than 200 media from Middle East and Africa, followed earlier events in Los Angeles and in London that drew celebrities for a mock premiere event to reveal the secret of “Scarlet, The Hit New TV Series,” which had been promoted through broadcast and online trailers.