what's the difference between Computer Science and Information Technology courses?

computer info database on Computers, Internet, and Technology | Infoplease.com
computer info database image




leSsien


since they are both related to computers (and that is what i only know) , what are other things that differs between the two.. 'coz it's so confusing for me who is an upcoming freshman

thank you to those who will answer!



Answer
Haha I also used to be confused about exactly what the difference was between Computer Science and Information Technology when I was a freshman but eventually figured it out as time went by. Here's my breakdown of each:

Information technology(IT) discusses how to properly use computers within a organization in order to help solve business problems and meet their needs. An IT degree program at a College or University will teach you how to develop and use computer applications to share, store, and manage data and/ or information. Topics you might discuss include database systems, programming, networking and telecommunications, information security and assurance, web development, human computer interaction, etc. IT degree programs might also require you to take some business or management courses as well.
-->Outline of Bachelors of Information Technology:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z8vtMoz2v4&list=PL709F4D444E628214&index=5&feature=plpp_video

Computer Science(CS) is using theory and science in order to create and build usable applications, like video games, iPhone apps, computer programs, etc. A CS program at a College or University will focus more on the theoretical and mathematical aspects of computing. Topics may include software development and design, algorithm analysis, data structures, computational theory, object-oriented and systems programming, computer architecture, etc. Most CS degree programs include quite a few sequential math courses such as Calculus 2 and 3, as well as more upper level programming.
-->Outline of Bachelors in Computer Science:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exXTqI25TVM&feature=plcp&context=C49ca76eVDvjVQa1PpcFOueRqsOrEcUsYs37B5V7q9IFpXMlGTYyw%3D

To keep it simple, Computer science is more about the developmental side of computers while Information technology is concerned with the business side of computers technologies. Hope this helps and best of luck to you. Please check out my link below for more info

How do I transfer my iTunes purcheses to my new computer?




sharpshoot


I bought songs from iTunes and then got a new computer. I downloaded iTunes to my new computer and plugged my iPod in. It told me that I can't download some songs because my computer isn't authorized. I authorized my computer and it still won't let me. Any help?


Answer
The same problem happened to me when I changed my computer. And finally this iPod to PC transfer program called Tansee iPod Transfer helped me out. I got it from:
http://ipod-tool.com/ipod-software/ipod-to-pc-transfer.html
The advantage lies in that it utilizes iPod's internal database to display your iPod's files instantly. That means, when you connect your iPod to PC, this program will automatically display all music/videos on your iPod. Once click "Copy" button, all files would be copied onto your PC.
I advise you to use it. Really save time. Get more info at http://ask.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments :

0 komentar to “what's the difference between Computer Science and Information Technology courses?”
 

Sexy Lace Bikini

Leave little to the imagination in this super sexy booty short bikini transparent lace. Adjustable triangle top with peek-a-boo slits ties at neck and back. Matching ruffled booty shorts leave so little to the imagination! 90% Nylon 10% Spandex. Four way stretch means one size fits most. Unlined. Club Wear by Body Zone Read More

LG Scarlet

This event, which was attended by more than 200 media from Middle East and Africa, followed earlier events in Los Angeles and in London that drew celebrities for a mock premiere event to reveal the secret of “Scarlet, The Hit New TV Series,” which had been promoted through broadcast and online trailers.