What is the best keyboard to learn how play piano?

computer keyboard info on For more info on bookmarks and what Geek Gear is, click here .
computer keyboard info image




Lauren


I want to buy a keyboard so that I can learn how to play. Which is the best keyboard to learn? I'm think of getting a Casio because they are relatively affordable.


Answer
Although learning on an actual piano is way better than learning on a keyboard, that's not always an option due to the cost and space required for a piano. That being said, if you want to learn how to play, and a keyboard is the only feasible option for you, there are some keyboards that can plug into the computer and include software that helps you learn, some of them are very similar in price to a casio.

I found one here made by emedia, I have keyboard learning software from them and it's pretty good, I'm not sure how the keyboards are though.
http://learntoplaykeyboard.info/2009/10/emedia-learn-to-play-piano-keyboard-pack-with-usb-cable-reviews/

How do I record from a MicroKORG to a computer?




Polar Bear


I have a MicroKORG and I want to be able to record the audio on my computer. I bought a MIDI to USB cable, but that didn't work. I also got a 3.5mm cable that connects (with an adapter) from the L/Mono output on the synthesizer to the microphone jack on the computer. I've tried recording with various programs; Audacity, FL Studio, and Reaper. So far I had the most success with Reaper, but everything I record is extremely faint and barely audible. I know I must be doing something wrong, and I really need to solve the problem. I also don't have money to buy a better soundcard or audio interface, so if there's a way to record with what I have, that'd be great.


Answer
Check a few things.
First off, MIDI to USB requires you to use a "sequencing" program. To record your MK into a program, you'll need to "add a MIDI track" not "add an audio track"
When you record MIDI information, it takes what you play and creates a MIDI sequence on the track.
To hear the exact same sound that your Korg produced, you need to have your Korg still plugged in and assign the track to MIDI out. Then your keyboard will play the track you recorded.
You can also change the voice of the track in the program itself and use the "Midi Bank" to select a sound you want. Thus, you can change a keyboard part to sound like bass. Then another to sound like an organ or piano, etc...

Audacity does not seem to like MIDI info, so perhaps Reaper would be better.
Also you can use "Anvil Studio" free at anvilstudio .com.

this is a Midi sequencer that can also record audio, then you can record Midi info and audio tracks as well and mix them down later.

For recording with the audio portion....
If you are using the line out "L/mono" for audio, you probably need to go into your audio preferences or control panel, select recording, and adjust the input level for" line in" recording, not microphone level.

I had the same problem using Cubase trying to record from the headphone out of my guitar amp. In my case the input was always distorted, so I finally discovered the thing about adjusting the levels for both microphone or line recording in the computer itself and not the programs.

Another thing to check is to make sure you are also selecting L/mono on your input selector in the recording program. It could be that you still have "stereo" selected for input, and thus you are hearing only the right side recording(which doesn't exist).

Give those things a try. If you have difficulties, you may contact me through my profile email.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments :

0 komentar to “What is the best keyboard to learn how play piano?”
 

Sexy Lace Bikini

Leave little to the imagination in this super sexy booty short bikini transparent lace. Adjustable triangle top with peek-a-boo slits ties at neck and back. Matching ruffled booty shorts leave so little to the imagination! 90% Nylon 10% Spandex. Four way stretch means one size fits most. Unlined. Club Wear by Body Zone Read More

LG Scarlet

This event, which was attended by more than 200 media from Middle East and Africa, followed earlier events in Los Angeles and in London that drew celebrities for a mock premiere event to reveal the secret of “Scarlet, The Hit New TV Series,” which had been promoted through broadcast and online trailers.