southernpl
I found this cool old computer game by IBM from '95. For installation I need DOS 6.0. It says I need to exit windows and go to DOS prompt. My operating system is Windows Vista. How do i exit Windows and go to the DOS prompt? If you need more info just ask and I'll be happy to give it to you.
How do I run DOS from USB drive or CD?
How would i get DOS prompt on a 1991-1999 windows computer? i tried going to My Computer but the cd doesn't show up
Answer
Vista does not have DOS. DOS used to be the base on which Windows operating systems ran till before XP.
There are no way you can run or install DOS on a Vista based machine, unless you manage to find an old installation of DOS and somehow set up a dual boot system with Vista.
Very involved and very risky. I would not attempt that just to play an old game.
Best bet is to see if you can find an old PC somewhere, preferably pre- XP, and try to run your game on there.
Vista does not have DOS. DOS used to be the base on which Windows operating systems ran till before XP.
There are no way you can run or install DOS on a Vista based machine, unless you manage to find an old installation of DOS and somehow set up a dual boot system with Vista.
Very involved and very risky. I would not attempt that just to play an old game.
Best bet is to see if you can find an old PC somewhere, preferably pre- XP, and try to run your game on there.
Windows computer help?
tk93 0_o
my cpu will turn on and boot fine but eventually it gets stuck on a black screen that says to choose safe mode, last known good configuration or start normally. i have tried all three but it just freezes on that screen whenever i try clicking one. can anyone help please?
Answer
I recommend:
http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd
Burn a CD with that, put it in and boot your computer. It is full of tools to clean your PC or run tests while in DOS. It also has a useful option of "Mini XP" which comes preinstalled with lots of tools for malware, virus...etc checking. You can defrag and alot more. If nothing helps, sometimes you just have to put in your windows CD and do a windows repair. It reinstalls windows but keeps your files n stuff.
I always recommend people do what I do. Get yourself a portable harddrive and try to keep important files on it. Then turn it off when your done. That way if anything ever happens to your harddrive in your PC, you're loss will be minimal. When windows won't let you login and it's a bit old, sometimes a fresh install is just what it needs.
I recommend:
http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd
Burn a CD with that, put it in and boot your computer. It is full of tools to clean your PC or run tests while in DOS. It also has a useful option of "Mini XP" which comes preinstalled with lots of tools for malware, virus...etc checking. You can defrag and alot more. If nothing helps, sometimes you just have to put in your windows CD and do a windows repair. It reinstalls windows but keeps your files n stuff.
I always recommend people do what I do. Get yourself a portable harddrive and try to keep important files on it. Then turn it off when your done. That way if anything ever happens to your harddrive in your PC, you're loss will be minimal. When windows won't let you login and it's a bit old, sometimes a fresh install is just what it needs.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers



Comments :
Post a Comment