E
I have an old IBM desktop computer that I would like to get my old pictures off of. This computer does not have CD burning capabilities. It does not recognize usb/flash drives. It is not connected to the internet. All it seems to do it copy onto floppy disks. Is there anyway that I could get my information off this old computer?? I really have no idea. Thanks.
i tried the usb thing. the computer is so old that it does not recognize the device.
Answer
You could buy an external USB drive enclosure.
Remove the hard drive from your old desktop and put it inside the enclosure, then connect the enclosure to to your new laptop. Copy everything off. Some enclosures support both SATA and older IDE drives.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817388002
You could also buy an adapter which doesn't have the closed case- those work just as well, although the cable connections are a little messier.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812156102
Or you could just buy a network card for your old desktop. If it's running Windows XP or later, they're cheap and easy to find.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156107
If your old desktop is running Windows 98, you'd be hunting around Ebay looking for a used card that has Win98 drivers, so it's easier to just use an enclosure/adapter.
You could buy an external USB drive enclosure.
Remove the hard drive from your old desktop and put it inside the enclosure, then connect the enclosure to to your new laptop. Copy everything off. Some enclosures support both SATA and older IDE drives.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817388002
You could also buy an adapter which doesn't have the closed case- those work just as well, although the cable connections are a little messier.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812156102
Or you could just buy a network card for your old desktop. If it's running Windows XP or later, they're cheap and easy to find.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156107
If your old desktop is running Windows 98, you'd be hunting around Ebay looking for a used card that has Win98 drivers, so it's easier to just use an enclosure/adapter.
HP Desktop~how to view computer info?
cvjade
I need to find out how I can get into the "computer information" part of my HP...like where it says the computer's name, performance, memory, etc. I changed a setting earlier on ccident and now I have to find my way back somehow! Please help!!!
Answer
Right click my computer, select properties.
Right click my computer, select properties.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers



Comments :
Post a Comment