Swert
If I install openSUSE on a computer that already has Windows XP and a bunch of data already on the HD, will it delete xp and/or the data? If it does, is there any way to avoid this?
Answer
You have to put it on a separate partition
If you have a backup partition (Usually D:\ on Windows), you may be able to use that, if you don't you could resize your Windows partition but you could also lost data that way, if you choose this route make sure you Defrag first
---------
Alternatively, but I recommend it, if you have an extra hard drive laying around install it on that (It could even be an External drive, although I've never tried that), thats what I did, I had an extra HD and I just installed Debian on it
It's much easier and safer to your XP install
You have to put it on a separate partition
If you have a backup partition (Usually D:\ on Windows), you may be able to use that, if you don't you could resize your Windows partition but you could also lost data that way, if you choose this route make sure you Defrag first
---------
Alternatively, but I recommend it, if you have an extra hard drive laying around install it on that (It could even be an External drive, although I've never tried that), thats what I did, I had an extra HD and I just installed Debian on it
It's much easier and safer to your XP install
Video Card locking up computer? - Windows 7? Overheat?
jon j
Hi, Need some help from the pro's here. I just got a new slimline computer and put a video card in - BFG GeForce 210 512mb. Installed their drivers / and windows 7 went and pulled drivers automatically as well.
http://www.frys.com/product/6046258
Unfortunately my computer now locks up once a day randomly. Sometimes just browsing the web. I had bought a previous video card MSI VN210 as well and it also had the lock up problem. Anyone know what causes this?
Other info:
Running windows 7
Running dual 23" monitors
Using low profile card due to slimline case.
Thanks for your advice and help!
Computer specs.
http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/acer-aspire-x1301-u9032/4507-3118_7-33888430.html?tag=psum
Tried running with case open and lockup still occurs. bummer.
Answer
Your computer's specs would help. ie. make/model, processor, ram, psu wattage etc. otherwise its all a bunch of guessing.
edit: From what I can tell you are trying to run a 300watt card with a 220 watt power supply. Check the minimum specs of the card and then re check the specs of your computer... I ain't no rocket scientist but thats gotta cause issues.
Your computer's specs would help. ie. make/model, processor, ram, psu wattage etc. otherwise its all a bunch of guessing.
edit: From what I can tell you are trying to run a 300watt card with a 220 watt power supply. Check the minimum specs of the card and then re check the specs of your computer... I ain't no rocket scientist but thats gotta cause issues.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers



Comments :
Post a Comment