aeseeke
I live in the US particularly in a rural area and I can't seem to find anything (books, movies, music) that's in German. Is there a website preferably in English as I can't read German that sells these things?
Also I'm interested in downloading German music from a service like Yahoo! Music or Rhapsody but they don't seem to carry much. Does anyone have any suggestions there?
thanks for the suggestions everyone but I need to make sure that the DVD's and such that I get can be played in US players.
Answer
Not sure I understand why you want German books if you can't read a German website, but...
If you have iTunes on your computer, you can watch the ARD (state-sponsored) evening news on video podcast. It's called "Tagesschau" and when I plug "ARD" into the iTunes store--yes, the American iTunes store--search engine, the Tagesschau video podcast is the first thing that comes up. You'll also get a ton of audio if you type in "deutsche welle"--and deutsche welle does a bunch of podcasts for free to help people learn German. You can also watch Tagesschau at http://www.tagesschau.de/, although the site is in German. Deutsche Welle does have a live online TV stream--in German--here:
http://www.germantv.info/GermTVstart_en.html
German music groups available on iTunes include: Rosenstolz, Herbert Groenemeyer (although I only got results when I typed in Gronemeyer), Nena, Joy Denalane, Schwester S., plus, obviously, a ton of classical music offerings in German. Just pop run-of-the-mill German words into the iTunes keyword search and see what comes up: liebe, Schwester, Rundschau, Vater, mir, dir, uns, then click the "genre" tab to help you sort through it.
Amazon.com does not ship all products overseas to Germany, but it ships some, so I suspect amazon.de will ship some stuff to the U.S. as well. That's especially true if you check the Amazon Marketplace offerings--a lot of the marketplace merchants offer international shipping. Just don't order DVDs from a German source--European DVDs have a regional code (code 2) that prevents them from getting played on North American DVD players. (It's stupid, but it's true.) The North American regional DVD code is 1. Zero will also work--if they say the regional code is zero, it means it hasn't been coded.
You should actually be able to get a ton of German movies (with the right regional code) from Amazon.com. You just need to know how to search for it. If you plug in keywords like Fassbinder,Tykwer, Schloendorff, Schultze Gets the Blues, der Untergang, Nirgendwo in Afrika, Sophie Scholl, Das Boot, Werner Herzog... There's a ton of stuff, I just checked.
Look here:
http://www.amazon.com/German-Art-House-International-DVD/b/ref=dp_brlad_entry/102-6166228-8371303?ie=UTF8&node=163329
for starters.
Online, Der Spiegel has an English section in addition to the German pages:
http://www.spiegel.de/international/
So does deutsche welle:
http://www.dw-world.de/
Not sure I understand why you want German books if you can't read a German website, but...
If you have iTunes on your computer, you can watch the ARD (state-sponsored) evening news on video podcast. It's called "Tagesschau" and when I plug "ARD" into the iTunes store--yes, the American iTunes store--search engine, the Tagesschau video podcast is the first thing that comes up. You'll also get a ton of audio if you type in "deutsche welle"--and deutsche welle does a bunch of podcasts for free to help people learn German. You can also watch Tagesschau at http://www.tagesschau.de/, although the site is in German. Deutsche Welle does have a live online TV stream--in German--here:
http://www.germantv.info/GermTVstart_en.html
German music groups available on iTunes include: Rosenstolz, Herbert Groenemeyer (although I only got results when I typed in Gronemeyer), Nena, Joy Denalane, Schwester S., plus, obviously, a ton of classical music offerings in German. Just pop run-of-the-mill German words into the iTunes keyword search and see what comes up: liebe, Schwester, Rundschau, Vater, mir, dir, uns, then click the "genre" tab to help you sort through it.
Amazon.com does not ship all products overseas to Germany, but it ships some, so I suspect amazon.de will ship some stuff to the U.S. as well. That's especially true if you check the Amazon Marketplace offerings--a lot of the marketplace merchants offer international shipping. Just don't order DVDs from a German source--European DVDs have a regional code (code 2) that prevents them from getting played on North American DVD players. (It's stupid, but it's true.) The North American regional DVD code is 1. Zero will also work--if they say the regional code is zero, it means it hasn't been coded.
You should actually be able to get a ton of German movies (with the right regional code) from Amazon.com. You just need to know how to search for it. If you plug in keywords like Fassbinder,Tykwer, Schloendorff, Schultze Gets the Blues, der Untergang, Nirgendwo in Afrika, Sophie Scholl, Das Boot, Werner Herzog... There's a ton of stuff, I just checked.
Look here:
http://www.amazon.com/German-Art-House-International-DVD/b/ref=dp_brlad_entry/102-6166228-8371303?ie=UTF8&node=163329
for starters.
Online, Der Spiegel has an English section in addition to the German pages:
http://www.spiegel.de/international/
So does deutsche welle:
http://www.dw-world.de/
Programming Help with the logic and theory behind it also all of these unseen Variables, Methods or Functions.?
Hello Yahoo Community, Thank you for arriving and reading this post.
I am in College and I am Programming, the problem is I cannot think like a programmer and just make something. I cannot even think about how to ask this..
OK, These Predefined methods and Variables that keep popping up everywhere leave me confused as hell sometimes, I am thinking that they are inside the System predefined already, Such as in C# Rect(variables)
So should I just print an entire system predefined functions and methods page and memorize it? I will sometimes see for example these variables undefined and such or methods or classes or not previously defined before.
Another Thing that annoying me is stuff as this from Microsoft Tutorial Pages:
Why the hell do they divide the screen or multiply and -1, I read the comment and understand what it means but I do not get the logic behind doing that.
public void Update()
{
// Update the positions of the background
for (int i = 0; i < positions.Length; i++)
{
// Update the position of the screen by adding the speed
positions[i].X += speed;
// If the speed has the background moving to the left
if (speed <= 0)
{
// Check the texture is out of view then put that texture at the end of the screen
if (positions[i].X <= -texture.Width)
{
positions[i].X = texture.Width * (positions.Length - 1);
}
}
// If the speed has the background moving to the right
else
{
// Check if the texture is out of view then position it to the start of the screen
if (positions[i].X >= texture.Width * (positions.Length - 1))
{
positions[i].X = -texture.Width;
}
}
}
}
Does anyone recommend a good book or free source I can use to think like a programming in the abstract sense of thinking such as Errors and try or catch functions?
Also anyone recommend another book for web programming functions and other thing to understand stuff like this source code? (Yahoo Page: Thanks Yahoo!)
/J=1329499271706719/K=0Ufj5yciXza_abCMF512Vg/A=5856909/R=1/SIG=10uacnjgh/*http://www.yahoo.com/bin/set", set_hp_firefox_instructions:["Drag the \"Y!\" and drop it onto the \"Home\" icon.", "Select \"Yes\" from the pop up window.", "Nothing, you're done."], close_this_window:"Close this window", set_hp_alternative_instructions1:"If this didn't work for you see ", detailed_set_hp_instructions:"detailed instructions", set_hp_alternative_instructions2:""};return set[str];};YAHOO.one.uh.accountOptions=[{text:"Profile",url:"http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15oor9db1/M=650008.12773054.13811804.8356343/D=know/S=396545039:HEAD/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1329506471/L=55I3JUS00iZl6KSWTz6MOBOWuAUTAU8.jIcACEmp/B=bGeaBEoGYqg-/J=1329499271706719/K=0Ufj5yciXza_abCMF512Vg/A=5856909/R=2/SIG=000000000/*http://pulse.yahoo.com/y",className:"first-child"},{text:"Updates",url:"http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15oor9db1/M=650008.12773054.13811804.8356343/D=know/S=396545039:HEAD/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1329506471/L=55I3JUS00iZl6KSWTz6MOBOWuAUTAU8.jIcACEmp/B=bGeaBEoGYqg-/J=1329499271706719/K=0Ufj5yciXza_abCMF512Vg/A=5856909/R=3/*http://pulse.yahoo.com/"},{text:"Account Info",url:"http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15oor9db1/M=650008.12773054.13811804.8356343/D=know/S=396545039:HEAD/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1329506471/L=55I3JUS00iZl6KSWTz6MOBOWuAUTAU8.jIcACEmp/B=bGeaBEoGYqg-/J=1329499271706719/K=0Ufj5yciXza_abCMF512Vg/A=5856909/R=4/SIG=15fb7hfov/*https://edit.yahoo.com/mc2.0/eval_profile?.done=http://answers.yahoo.com%2fquestion%2fask%3ftitle%3dProgramming%2bHelp.%26submit-go%3dContinue&.src=knowsrch&.intl=us"},{text:"You are signed in as:<span class='yid' title='" + h.aliasid + "'>" + h.shortaliasid + "</span>",title:h.aliasid,className:"last-child"}];YAHOO.one.uh.Search=['ygmasearchInput', 'sat'];};if("undefined" !==typeof YAHOO && &



Comments :
Post a Comment