Connections academy? need info please?




Alanna


I REALLY need info on connections academy. Please Help.
-how do classes work? when you get online do you do a live lesson or get a worksheet & lessons to study yourself?
- I will be working, do i get to chose when i want to go online & start school for the day?
- how do tests & quizzes work?
- any extra info?



Answer
In general...You are assigned classes just like regular school. Some classes are every day but some are not (like art and PE). Your scheduler, which is your online calendar, tells you which classes you have one which days. If your class shows up on that day, you click on that class and it takes you to an online lesson which is in written form. It will have video clips and exercises in it that you click on and watch/complete. Your live lessons are only once or twice per week, and are done in addition to your normal lessons. You are told by your teachers at the beginning of the semester which days and times your live lessons will be (they are the same days and time each week).

-yes you get to choose when you want to do your work. However, some states require live attendance at the live lessons, and some do not. If they do not, then the live lesson are always recorded so you can go back later and watch.

-how do tests and quizes work? Well, there is a quick check quiz at the end of each lesson to make sure you learned the lesson. the actual quizes and tests are longer and they are also at the end of a lesson. When you get to the page the quiz is on, you have to acknowledge the agreement that the work is your own and that you are not using outside sources to assist you. Most questions are multiple choice, but usually have some essay questions, so it would be difficult to cheat anyway. Also, some require you to voice-record your answer (its kind of cool).

-extra info- you will also have Portfolio items to turn in...that's just a fancy way of saying that you have projects. Some might be a full blown essay, but many are power point presentations. The computer that they give you has powerpoint preloaded and when you open it up, its already preset to just type in your Information or paste your pictures.

Teaching computers?




trishay79


I want to help my friend learn computers better. He knows how to turn it on and can type 25 wpm. He can reply to an email in his inbox and log into email but aside from that doesn't know how to use email (doesnt know address book or compose or other features). I think he is aware of word and can use it with assistance but doesn't know where to go to find his word files or any other files for that matter. Doesnt know the difference between My Docs and My Computer or much about saving. Do you have any advice how to start teaching him to use the computer more from there? What software do you guys find most useful in your personal lives? I plan to teach him Word, Excel and the Internet. Do you think there is other stuff I should be trying to teach him, I don't want to teach him too much too soon. And how can I build on what he knows and make sure he reviews it? He says he wants some pop quizzes.
I have 3 courses from beginning to advanced of college training with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Publisher, PhotoDraw, FrontPage, PageMaker, and Project. We don't even have all that stuff on our home computer! I think hubby would find it beneficial to use the computer to keep in touch with people and do job searches and find recipes and other info online. He is just more basic of a level than I am and I don't want to jump into something too quick too soon for him. I had 1 point below passing on the practice exam for MOUS software thing for most of the programs, so I think I'm qualified to help him learn. I'm better at some of the software than others and wouldn't be trying to teach him something I'm not comfortable with. I know Word and Excel better than anyone in my family except maybe my dad and he's a computer programmer.
He doesnt want to stay ignorant because he has told me he wanted to learn computers and has asked me to spend an hour a day teaching him things. I've been unsure how to proceed teaching him without confusing him.

As for excel, I thought it would be helpful for him to put his friends contact info in there. Not exactly its intended purpose, I know, but my mom and I keep ours in there and love it.



Answer
I do this all the time in my consulting/PC Repair business. When I first started I caught myself talking above the customer. The key here is do not use geek speak, talk in a language the client will understand. One example I use is explaining disk defragment. Look at it as if you just did your laundry and threw all the socks in a drawer. To defragment, you would sort, pair up and fold all the socks, or rearrange and sort all the files on your system.

It can be a very rewarding experience, just be sure you are giving him the correct information, as there is so much wrong info out there.

Good luck,

pakratts




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments :

0 komentar to “Connections academy? need info please?”
 

Sexy Lace Bikini

Leave little to the imagination in this super sexy booty short bikini transparent lace. Adjustable triangle top with peek-a-boo slits ties at neck and back. Matching ruffled booty shorts leave so little to the imagination! 90% Nylon 10% Spandex. Four way stretch means one size fits most. Unlined. Club Wear by Body Zone Read More

LG Scarlet

This event, which was attended by more than 200 media from Middle East and Africa, followed earlier events in Los Angeles and in London that drew celebrities for a mock premiere event to reveal the secret of “Scarlet, The Hit New TV Series,” which had been promoted through broadcast and online trailers.