engineer career question?




coca cola


Hi, I have some engineering career questions. Currently, i am a pre- engineering student, and i have some questions about engineering. Do, engineers do hands on work? like building stuff or are they like managers?Once you become an engineer, do you use alot math or do you let a computer solve the problem for you? In school engineering is fun, but when start working is it boring? Why is computer engineering, and electrical engineering considered hard? Lastly, i hear people say that civil engineering is easy, what makes it easy, and what do you learn in school? What can you do as a civil engineer?


Answer
Hi, these interviews with different kinds of engineers will help answer your questions about what being an engineer is like. Good luck! :)

Computer Engineer: http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/interviews/how-to-become-a-computer-engineer

Electrical Engineer: http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/interviews/how-to-become-an-electrical-engineer

Engineering Manager: http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/interviews/how-to-become-an-engineering-manager

Software Engineer: http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/interviews/how-to-become-a-software-engineer

Systems Engineer: http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/interviews/how-to-become-a-systems-engineer

More info about civil engineering: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/civil-engineers.htm

Computer Programming or Electrical Engineering.?




kal


I am finally able to go to school and I am very excited. I am 23 no kids and just want to know what is the best for me for and my wife. I do have time alone so I can concentrate. I just want to know wich is best in the long run. I may be just happy with an associates degree or maybe get my bachelors.
I just got a job working as an entry level tech removing viruses installing hardware and been fixing, building computers since I was 16. Due to my legal and finally becoming a US residen I am finally able to get a job in computer and able to go to school and get loans.

Many people tell me computer programming is very boring and to go for electrical engineering since its more hands on. I do not mind being in front of a computer all day since I love to read and just learn. However programming is very new to me. They say C++ and Java is the way to go. Also the thought of taking my work anywhere in a laptop is a Huge + for me as well. and even work on my own.

However Electrical Engineering is very tempting too since I love hands on and love all the circuits and maybe work for TI one day. Since I leave in Dallas Texas the demand is High. However I fear that I may need to get a Bachelors or even a Masters in order for Big Companies to take me seriously.

As you can see I am torn between the two but they both have their disadvantages. Any tips would be awsome. And please anyone that Tells me to go to ITT Tech I will not take you seriously. Noone should pay 50k for an associates.



Answer
You're right in that ITT tech is not worth all of that money. No one should have to pay such an exorbitant amount of change especially for a school that is only nationally accredited as opposed to regionally accredited. Please do steer clear of those online, For-profit schools (though may have "brick and mortar" buildings and may be "regionally accredited") including penn foster, ashworth, devry, everest, strayer, colorado tech, sanford brown, argosy, capella, high tech, aiu, keiser, ashford, pima institute, ashwood, regis, kaplan, walden, remington, westwood, university of phoenix, brown mackie and others as they are merely out to "make a profit" (** and course credits may NOT transfer to other schools **).

These consumer sites have negative posts by former students of those online, for-profit schools, and please heed the students' warnings:

- http://www.complaintsboard.com

- http://www.pissedconsumer.com

- http://www.ripoffreport.com and can search.


For U.S. colleges: http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ

This site is supposed to have accredited schools of engineering, computers and technology: http://www.abet.org

For general career info: http://www.bls.gov/oco and can search 'engineers', 'computer software engineers and computer programmers or such.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments :

0 komentar to “engineer career question?”
 

Sexy Lace Bikini

Leave little to the imagination in this super sexy booty short bikini transparent lace. Adjustable triangle top with peek-a-boo slits ties at neck and back. Matching ruffled booty shorts leave so little to the imagination! 90% Nylon 10% Spandex. Four way stretch means one size fits most. Unlined. Club Wear by Body Zone Read More

LG Scarlet

This event, which was attended by more than 200 media from Middle East and Africa, followed earlier events in Los Angeles and in London that drew celebrities for a mock premiere event to reveal the secret of “Scarlet, The Hit New TV Series,” which had been promoted through broadcast and online trailers.