Jake L
My friend's friend once linked me to a website where he said to be a cool video. When I clicked on a link a java pop-up came up, I clicked allow, and ever since he has been on my computer opening folders and firefox to pornographic websites. It is EXTREMELY pissing me off and I hope somebody can help! I've ran scans on my computer and deleted all infected files before and tried deleting java, but I am still unsuccessful of getting rid of them.
PLEASE HELP!
Answer
This can easily be prevented if you're using any sort of router/firewall. If a router, you can disable remote access via the RULES option. In other words, you can specify that the ports used for remoting into someone's system be DISABLED. Or, you can simply change the ports to something which ONLY YOU are aware of.
To be honest, hacking the GUI (Graphical User Interface) is quite difficult and furthermore, nearly pointless. Most "hackers", for lack of a better term, simply access the file system, take what they want, and move on. If this person is truly getting into the GUI for your system he's most likely some sort of GENUIS. Highly unlikely to say the least.
If you do not have a router, you can do something similar within your firewall application. Check the documentation for your firewall app and see what you can find regarding remote access.
All you have to do shut down the means by which this doofus is getting in. And...don't click allow next time. LOL!
Hope this helped! Feel free to message me if you need more info!
Peace!
The Reverend
This can easily be prevented if you're using any sort of router/firewall. If a router, you can disable remote access via the RULES option. In other words, you can specify that the ports used for remoting into someone's system be DISABLED. Or, you can simply change the ports to something which ONLY YOU are aware of.
To be honest, hacking the GUI (Graphical User Interface) is quite difficult and furthermore, nearly pointless. Most "hackers", for lack of a better term, simply access the file system, take what they want, and move on. If this person is truly getting into the GUI for your system he's most likely some sort of GENUIS. Highly unlikely to say the least.
If you do not have a router, you can do something similar within your firewall application. Check the documentation for your firewall app and see what you can find regarding remote access.
All you have to do shut down the means by which this doofus is getting in. And...don't click allow next time. LOL!
Hope this helped! Feel free to message me if you need more info!
Peace!
The Reverend
How can you stop hackers from stealing your info from yahoo?
goodsonna
A hacker stole my resume from my yahoo address every time I used it.
Now the hacker has sold my phone number and address to various people.
They now know something that was only on my yahoo information.
I was being harassed at home where I pay bills.
Answer
I would suggest you check out some of these anti-virus and anti-spyware software programs along with a couple other recommended programs:
-McAfee 12 in 1 Security Center (anti-virus)
or AVG if you want a free program
-Spyware Doctor with AV (anti-spyware)
or Spybot S&D if you want a free program
-PC Tools Firewall Plus(free) (firewall)
-ThreatFire(free) (added virus protection)
-CCleaner(keep computer running pretty good, cleans up history and whatnot)
-Firefox(safe browser)
All of the above programs(aside Spybot and AVG) I use and have been using for a very long time now, all with fantastic results. For AVG and Spybot they are both good in the way of free protection but McAfee and Spyware Doctor are recommended.
I would suggest you check out some of these anti-virus and anti-spyware software programs along with a couple other recommended programs:
-McAfee 12 in 1 Security Center (anti-virus)
or AVG if you want a free program
-Spyware Doctor with AV (anti-spyware)
or Spybot S&D if you want a free program
-PC Tools Firewall Plus(free) (firewall)
-ThreatFire(free) (added virus protection)
-CCleaner(keep computer running pretty good, cleans up history and whatnot)
-Firefox(safe browser)
All of the above programs(aside Spybot and AVG) I use and have been using for a very long time now, all with fantastic results. For AVG and Spybot they are both good in the way of free protection but McAfee and Spyware Doctor are recommended.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers



Comments :
Post a Comment