how intensive is the coding in the information systems major?

computer info systems course description on EEE3074W: Embedded Systems Course [Start]
computer info systems course description image




chris


Is it as complex as coding in the computer science major? Also, how much coding is actually done in the major and later on for jobs and such?


Answer
Is it as complex?
- less complex than coding in computer science, the programming homework usually are easier and less demanding
how much coding?
- i don't know, the uni website for info sys major degree usually describes which courses are coding courses, there could be 3 coding courses
- on the jobs, depends on the jobs description, if the job is a programmer job then there are lots of coding
if the job is database admin, system admin, database warehousing then there are little coding
if the job is network engineer, desktop support, business analyst then there is no coding

Whats the chance of landing a good programming job as a Strayer University graduate?




blkdragonf


I've been browsing the want ads for computer programmers. I have been attending Strayer and working toward a BS in Info Systems with a concentration in programming. I'm worried because all of the jobs I see for computer programmers require a BS in Computer Science.

Also, I've given some thought in trying to get my MA in CompSci, but I'm thinking I just have to take a few more courses before I can be accepted into a school.



Answer
Unfortunately, not good. In the 1980's, employers were already getting picky about programmers having a bachelor's degree, unlike before that, when experience or an associates degree was fine to get started. You could get a job as a help desk agent with an associates degree, but that's about it. Help desk jobs are computer type jobs that are getting outsourced as well.

Computer jobs are still some of the hottest for the next 10 years, but they all require a bachelor's degree. Here's the list of the hottest jobs for 2004-14 according to the US Dept of Labor (the computer jobs make at least $43,000 and up): http://www.bls.gov/emp/emptab21.htm

You can check out all the computer jobs descriptions, job duties, educational requirements, outlook and wages by going to the US Dept of Labor web page and clicking on the title of one of the computer jobs listed: http://www.bls.gov/oco/oco1002.htm

Sorry I don't have better news for you!

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments :

0 komentar to “how intensive is the coding in the information systems major?”
 

Sexy Lace Bikini

Leave little to the imagination in this super sexy booty short bikini transparent lace. Adjustable triangle top with peek-a-boo slits ties at neck and back. Matching ruffled booty shorts leave so little to the imagination! 90% Nylon 10% Spandex. Four way stretch means one size fits most. Unlined. Club Wear by Body Zone Read More

LG Scarlet

This event, which was attended by more than 200 media from Middle East and Africa, followed earlier events in Los Angeles and in London that drew celebrities for a mock premiere event to reveal the secret of “Scarlet, The Hit New TV Series,” which had been promoted through broadcast and online trailers.