Q. I was wondering if this computer (In link At Bottom) Would run Minecraft at highest specs, with a 512x512 texture pack. I know its kind of a lame computer, but im only 13.so im stuck with crappy store boughten computers. APB (All points bulletin) With medium specs. Modern warfare 3 at atleast medium specs? Battlefield 3 at medium specs? INFO---- I will be buying 4 more gigs of ram, AND a 1gb video card, (I know graphics are integrated, but i will install the 1gb, then use it by going to BIOS and ignoring the integraded, only using the 1gb.)
http://www.staples.com/Gateway-SX2803-US20P-Desktop-PC/product_331637#revs_content
Please give me the answers!
http://www.staples.com/Gateway-SX2803-US20P-Desktop-PC/product_331637#revs_content
Please give me the answers!
Answer
If your budget is $400, build a computer then. I built one the other day for $310 with tax. Add a video card and it would've been a decent rig.
If your budget is $400, build a computer then. I built one the other day for $310 with tax. Add a video card and it would've been a decent rig.
Can I use this Operating System on my computer rig?...?
Nick C. M.
I was planning on buying this Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP1 Vista 64bit (For system builders)... I was just about to order it, when I noticed the OEM, instead of retail, at the end of the title at newegg.com... When I looked up what OEM means, it sounds like I have to be a business to install this OS, and then sell the computer I install it on... Is this true?... Here's a link to the thing... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116488
P.S.: Yes... I am building a computer... This isn't going to be for an upgrade or anything...
Answer
You don't have to be an actual business. I just happened to be one. If you do decide to do the customizing detailed below, Your computer upon going to Microsoft to do updates, you will see a hardware support. The link will correspond to the web site you specified in the OEMINFO.INI file added to your system. Also the new owners will have a way to contact you if there happen to be questions later.
You can save some money and get an upgrade disk. When you nuke and reinstall it will ask you for a 98, ME, or 2K disk to verify you qualify for the upgrade. You will then be able to install a full NTFS clean install of XP as you would with an OEM disk.
If you use this disk to upgrade from one of the above mentioned OS's you will end up with a fat32 for 98, & ME, and a NTFS for 2K.
If you want I can show you how to add your system builder OEM icons and support info. Here is My OEM's.
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4979/oemlogo.png
That file gets saved for XP in the system32 as "OEMLOGO.BMP".
I have the colors and monitor styles to match each OS.
The info for support is saved as OEMINFO.INI in the system32 folder.
There are different images for 98, and 2K plus they get saved in a different folder. The system folder.
Text to pasted into a notepad, then edited for each computer and saved as "OEMINFO.INI" . Line 2 I leave blank>
[Version]
Windows XP SP ??
[General]
Manufacturer=??
Model=??
SupportURL=http://??
[Support Information]
Line1="Please Contact Us At "
Line2=""
Line3="Custom Computer Concepts"
Line4="Address"
Line5="City"
Line6="Phone"
Line7="@email"
You don't have to be an actual business. I just happened to be one. If you do decide to do the customizing detailed below, Your computer upon going to Microsoft to do updates, you will see a hardware support. The link will correspond to the web site you specified in the OEMINFO.INI file added to your system. Also the new owners will have a way to contact you if there happen to be questions later.
You can save some money and get an upgrade disk. When you nuke and reinstall it will ask you for a 98, ME, or 2K disk to verify you qualify for the upgrade. You will then be able to install a full NTFS clean install of XP as you would with an OEM disk.
If you use this disk to upgrade from one of the above mentioned OS's you will end up with a fat32 for 98, & ME, and a NTFS for 2K.
If you want I can show you how to add your system builder OEM icons and support info. Here is My OEM's.
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4979/oemlogo.png
That file gets saved for XP in the system32 as "OEMLOGO.BMP".
I have the colors and monitor styles to match each OS.
The info for support is saved as OEMINFO.INI in the system32 folder.
There are different images for 98, and 2K plus they get saved in a different folder. The system folder.
Text to pasted into a notepad, then edited for each computer and saved as "OEMINFO.INI" . Line 2 I leave blank>
[Version]
Windows XP SP ??
[General]
Manufacturer=??
Model=??
SupportURL=http://??
[Support Information]
Line1="Please Contact Us At "
Line2=""
Line3="Custom Computer Concepts"
Line4="Address"
Line5="City"
Line6="Phone"
Line7="@email"
Powered by Yahoo! Answers



Comments :
Post a Comment